Tuesday, May 6, 2008

knotty temptations

so a few years back I decided to give knitting a try... holy cow! I was addicted almost instantly. I think I have knit at least 50 hats in the last few years. I love hats, they are the perfect size project... long enough to make something of substance and use, but short enough to finish in a few hours. I can try out new yarns, new paterns, etc with hats adn get through several projects in a short period of time. I end up giving most away. I have sold a few (and bought more yarn with the $$ ;)... it's always fun to have someone exclaim how much they love the hat your wearing or to see a friend wear their hat happily because they love it. Anyway... this is one of my latest hats I made during a 2 day set of all day meetings at work. Knitting helps me stay awake for these kinds of meetings adn helps me focus on what is being presented (instead of surfing the web or daydreaming about where I'd rather be). I made it from Debbie Bliss cashmerino (yummy!) remains from a sweater I recently completed (Tubey from knitty.com).

No comments: