Tuesday, February 16, 2010

knitting for the holidays




Well, I don't know about you, but the holidays came and went WAY too fast for me this year. I found time to make a couple projects as gifts, but not much else. Ariel got a fine a pair of fingerless gloves in my favorite color of celery yarn of silk and alpaca. For some reason I didn't think to get a picture of these... maybe she will send me one ;)

My cousin Nick is an avid hunter and said he could use something to keep him warm while out in the cold. So Tom helped me pick an appropriate color for a hunter and I found a simple cable pattern in knitty.com to create my first ever cabled creations (Ariel's were my second project, also cables ;) The Arm warmers were strictly from a pattern, but then I adapted that pattern into the hat pattern. I really love how they turned out!

No comments: